Thursday, July 14, 2011

#117 Complete a family tree


First things first, I am convinced it is impossible to "complete" a family tree. So far I have traced my mothers side all the way back to 904 A.D. and it still wants to keep going.  I didn't think I would enjoy doing it but it really is interesting and sucks you in. I always jokingly refer to myself as "white trash" but turns out  I come from royalty. Very, very, very distant royalty :).  Some of those I have stumbled across have been Alexander the I of Scotland, The "Black Count" of Anjou (he was all sorts of sane), Templar Knights and numerous titles such as Knight, Lady, Duke, and Earl.

I'm not finding anything at all on my fathers side. I don't really know a whole lot about him to begin with. I met him once when I was 8, he brought his other daughters with him and they stole my one of my Barbie dolls. I told my mom I didn't want to be around them ever again. She listened. I received birthday cards for a few years after that but don't really even remember opening them.  I had my mom and step father,that's all I needed.

I would like to be able to trace my roots on his side, but not enough to contact him for information.

Ancestry. com has been awesome, I strongly encourage you to subscribe if you are interested in this sort of thing. You can view mine right here.

-Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment