Monday, January 23, 2012

The Lone Wolf

#2 Go to a movie alone

Yesterday was one of those blah days. I didn't want to get out of bed and do anything. When I did roll out of my blanket mountain I was bored senseless, nothing made me happy. I'm blaming the disgusting  weather for my lack of motivation.

Doesn't exactly make ya feel like frolicking

After many hours of Big Bang Theory episodes, an at home mani/pedi and getting half way thru The Beautiful and the Damned, I had to get out of the house. So I sucked it up and did the unthinkable..........I went to a movie.....alone.

Granted, it was an afternoon matinee, so I didn't expect it to be overflowing with people, but to be honest, I was still kind of intimidated.  Walking up to the theatre entrance to get in the ticket line my hands got kind of sweaty. There was a tiny amount of freaky paranoia that I was alone, so something must be wrong right??? Then I got over it.

I bought my ticket to see "Haywire" (Not the best acting from the lead, great supporting cast, excellent fight scenes.) Got my bottle of water and sour patch kids, walked into the theatre and then the magic happened.



I COULD SIT WHERE EVER I WANTED BABY!!
No more worrying about where other people wanted to park it, this was all about me. So i sat, dead center of the theatre, arms on BOTH arm rests. Water in one cup holder, sour patch kids in the other. Then came the all mighty leg stretch. I feel this may have been the most glorious leg stretch in human history, but I'm probably being biased.

The joy of having personal space, no one whispering in my ear like an annoying gnat and a small tinge of independence for going it alone made this a fantastic experience. Once you get over the initial stigma of going to the movies alone it is awesome. Solo movies may be my new guilty pleasure. Everyone must do this, at least once.

-Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment